What are the four things to do after a Car Accident? First, make sure to gather all the names, phone numbers and license numbers of the people involved.
At Inner Gate Acupuncture, we recognize you work hard for your insurance coverage and so we want to do everything we can to help you utilize these valuable benefits.
We take all major medical plans, including but not limited to:
- Oregon Health Co-op
We know insurance benefits can be a tricky thing to navigate. One company often has numerous plans, some that cover acupuncture and others that do not. For this reason, we are happy to verify your benefits prior to you initial visit so you know exactly what your financial responsibility is. We can deal with the insurance company directly so you can focus on your health.
If you have a work-related injury, you can ask your AP (attending physician) about using acupuncture to recover. Our clinicians are on the following worker comp boards:
Your AP oversees all the medical care that you receive. If your AP thinks acupuncture could be useful for you, then they write a prescription for it. You can have them fax that prescription to our office or bring it over yourself. We will then send that prescription, along with other paperwork, to your adjustor asking for approval. Once approved, you are allowed to seek care at our clinic
Motor Vehicle Accident:
Oregon law mandates that all drivers carry $15,000 of Personal Injury Protection (PIP). This money has been allocated so that people will be proactive and address car-accident-related injuries immediately, preventing injuries from become chronic and more expensive to address. This money is available for any medical care that you are interested in receiving, including acupuncture.
Here are some things to know about PIP:
- You must open a medical claim with your insurance company. They will give you a claim number that you provide to any doctors office where you receive care.
- You pay nothing out of pocket for medical care.
- You do not need a doctors referral to get acupuncture.
- You have one year from the date of the accident to get care.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us at 503-284-6996.
- Reduce your pain
- Speed up your recovery
- Prevent re-injury
- Reduce inflammation
- Re-establish stability and strength in damaged joints and tendons
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Manage your insurance billing
- Provide a strong referral network that includes chiropractors, massage therapists, osteopaths and lawyers
- Offer Saturday and evening appointments to accommodate your busy schedule