Vitamin D is naturally produced in our skin when we are exposed to sunlight. In the Pacific Northwest, dark, overcast days cause many of us to become deficient in vitamin D during the winter months. In this enviornment It is crucial that we supplement with vitamin D.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency:
- Generalized aches and pains
- Sense of not feeling well
- Weight gain
- Slow recovery from colds or flus
- Restless sleep
Benefits of Vitamin D:
- Preventing seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Strong bones and teeth
- Healthy immune response to colds and flus
- Supports healthy brain and nervous system
- Supports lung and cardiovascular health
- Deep sleep
We carry a high quality 5000 iu vitamin D pill. We feel that 5000 ius of vitamin a day is a safe dosage to be used throughout the dark months of the year. Please consult with one of our practitioners about supplementation of vitamin D.