Plantar fasciitis is a common complaint characterized by pain in the heel and the bottom surface of the foot.
The pain is typically worse in the morning and after periods of inactivity.
Risk factors for plantar fasciitis include:
- Foot Over-Pronation
- Flat feet
- High arches
- Achilles Tendon Tension
- Poor Footwear
Acupuncture is a successful component of care for plantar fasciitis:
- Corrects muscle imbalances leading to over-pronation
- Increases blood flow and improves recovery time
- Relieves tension in shortened and tight muscles
Inner Gate Acupuncture uses skillful diagnosis and evaluation to improve your recovery:
- Acupuncture therapy based on thorough examination of the muscles of the foot and calf
- Complete home care exercises to build strength and relax tissues between treatments
- Massage, moxibustion and stretching may all be incorporated into your treatment