As we have heard in recent years. Vitamin D deficiency has become epidemic. Many of don't receive the daily allowances that provide from strong bones, healthy immune systems, and vital hearts. It is important to spend sufficient unprotected time in the sun or supplement effectively.
Here are 5 symptoms that may indicate you need more vitamin D
- Dental cavities and osteoporosis: Good bone density is associated with sufficient vitamin D.
- Depression: These are receptors in the brain for vitamin D, in areas associated with emotional health like the hippocampus. Vitamin D may play an important role in the treatment and prevention of depression.
- Childhood allergies: Children with normal levels of vitamin D had reduced allergic sensitization compared with children who had low levels of vitamin D.
- Cardiovascular disease: Research is beginning to reveal links between increased risk of cardiovascular disease and low vitamin D. The exact mechanism is still unknown.
- High Cholesterol: It has been shown that vitamin D precursors are turned into cholesterol by the body in the absence of adequate sunlight.